I’ve recently realized my husbands obsession with sweet potatoes. After planning a meal for every night of the week, I’ve learned to get creative. Checkout this exciting recipe that is completely open to substitutions and additions.
- Large sweet potato
- 1 lb of turkey (or meat substitute of choice)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 avocado diced
- Pre-heat over to 400.
- Poke holes in the sweet potato and place in the over for 45 minutes or until soft (you can also heat in the microwave for a quicker meal)
- Cook or reheat meat in skillet.
- Once potato is soft, remove from over cutting a slit down the middle. Scoop out flesh but keep the skin intact.
- Mash sweet potato, meat, chili powder and cumin in a separate bowl.
- Scoop mixture back into potato and top with cheese and avocado.