I am all for Pinterest recipes, but let’s be honest. They don’t always turn out like the picture. However, this super simple skillet turned out perfectly and allowed for my own little additions and substitutions.
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp clove garlic
- 1/2 onions, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper, diced (optional)
- 1.5 cup sweet potato, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Avocado
- Heat skilled with olive oil on medium – high heat
- Add turkey and garlic – stir occasionally for ten minutes.
- Add onions and peppers, cooking until onions are golden.
- Add sweet potato, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet and cook until potatoes are tender. Add more olive oil or water to avoid burning the potato.
- Once potatoes are cooked, top with mozzarella cheese and avocado.