- 1 cup dries pitted dates or 4 ounces chopped
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 full sheets of whole wheat graham crackers
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- cooking spray
- Toppings: unsweetened coconut flakes, crushed graham crackers, chopped peanuts, low-fat granola (optional)
- Combine dates, water and lemon juice in saucepan. Simmer on medium until mixture looks like paste (15 – 20 min). Stir in honey, peanut butter, cocoa powder and salt. Once combined, stir in graham crackers and oats. Turn off heat.
- Mist cookie sheet with cooking spray and drop table spoons of cookie mixture onto pan. Chill and set for 20 minutes.
- Roll each cookie into desired toppings and flatten into a plump disk. Serve cold.
Recipe from Food Network.